Thursday, August 14, 2008

Opera Day

opera day( opera is one of the famous web browsers today..go to www.opera.com.)


I have started to write this at 9:30pm in the night on 13th of august When i just heard that i got selected in the Final Interview call for Opera placement..

The amazing thing is that I DONT KNOW A BIT OF WEB TECHNOLOGIES!!!!

AND ALL THEY ASKED IN THE QUESTION PAPER WAS ABOUT WEB TECHNOLOGIES...
I Just put what seemed logical to me at that time...

But first of all i got selected in written , i was one of the 41 who get selected
and many people who had good knowledge of web technologies got filtered!!!

I was shocked and i praised the Lord for that...coz it was unbelievable...
The results for this were announced at 3pm and now there was a written coding test of Html
on the computer for the 41 people...
i sat there without even knowing what is a Javascript or basics of
web technologies!!!!

And i left many blanks and all i did was boast about my Project which God made me create
which he helped to win 2 prizes at national level at IIT Roorkee and DCE...


In the End it was a shock that i was one of the final 13 who got selected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well tht was WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know but people who have done all their projects all the semesters in college got filtered!!!!!!

But God put me there!!!
Out of his grace and Love...Mercy!!!!

How Wonderful and beautiful is the Lord God...tht he cares for me...

He chose to get me selected in the Worst of situations....Infact OPERA WAS RECRUITING FOR THE FIRST TIME FRESHERS IN ITS COMPANY!!!
AND I WAS ONE OF THEM WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING ABC's of web technologies...
Praise the Lord...

This is what the Lord gave me as i was going to the interview..
"FROM THIS DAY ON I WILL BLESS YOU!!!" Haggai 2:19

_________________________________________________________________________________

Im Continuing after the line after giving my interview..
i went to the interview and there before was 3 people panel and 2 people on web conferencing from Norway...

They asked me to give an introduction...i continued telling about myself and slowly shifted to the project
which i did thts Freehand Sketch Recognition...and explained a little about the project..

A little later i gave them the concept of new scrolling which i God told me one night before Opera came...
It was the scrolling by drawing spiral...Bigger the Spiral..Bigger the Jump...Smaller the spiral..Smaller the jump..
So this should reduce the amount scrolling we need to do on a long webpage...

Praise the Lord...bcoz of tht i was able to write a question in the written where they asked us to provide a
new concept for web browsers...
And i was able to write it there...and in the interview i got a chance to put it up...



ILL START FROM THE BEGINNING!!!

In the morning was written interview...of which they asked 20 questions from each section of Javascript/EMACSCRIPT,
PHP/Perl,HTML/XHTML,CSS,Internet/WWW,IT,Web Browsers..

And i just did HTML in my first year at college and havent even seen it since then!!!!

But i Got through the first written ...about 41 of them got selected!!!!
And i was one of them....Many good people got filtered who even had knowledge of PHp stuff and created Web stuff!!!!

And for these 41 there was second written exam of HTML coding and as well as answer things about AJax,etc...

AS i dint work upon these technologies...i wrote this in the answer that"I havent worked upon these technologies but
i have developed an award winning user interface project.."

And there were questions as to what project have you made in College...
and What awards have you obtianed...i ve wrote all abt IIT Roorkee and DCE!!!!!!!!

This was all i wrote..!!!
AND IN THE END FOR THE FINAL INTERVIEW CALL LIST FROM THT 41...we were told that the papers were reviewed by OPera people at Norway!!!
And from tht 41...they selected 13, AND I WAS THE FOURTH IN THAT LIST!!!!!!!!


CAN U EVEN BELIEVE THE PERSON WHO DINT KNEW A THING ABT WEB TECHNOLOGIES IS HERE AT 4th Postion ...First from my campus!!
And in the interview all they asked was abt project...

They asked me where do u see 2 years from now!!!
I told them developing a rich user interface...

What are your weaknesses??
Tht i cant deny help to people even if it hurts me...

Shifting from Java to JAvascript???Any problem
Im not Java oriented....Im concept oriented and to realize tht i would use any available technologies which best serve my purpose!!!

It was beautiful to see the way the Holy Spirit was providing me points..and i was able to give a smooth flow of words..

I even dint have to wait at all for my interview...God made reach exactly in time and comfortably sit a while and talk to God before i go into the interview..

And i Thanked God for not raining as it was raining...it was 11pm in the night!!!

And to see that the verse which i got a day before that NUMEROUS ARE YOUR THOUGHTS O GOD AS NUMEROUS AS THE SANDS OF THE SEA!!!

And now i understand wht the pslamist meant by tht...
Psalm 139:17,18

"""How PRECIOUS TO ME ARE YOUR THOUGHTS, O GOD
How vast is the sum of them!
Were i to count them they would outnumber the grains of sand,
When im awake im STILL WITH YOU!!!"


******************************************************************************************************************

Im writing after this line after getting results of the final list of people who got selected in Opera...

AND.....................

I dint get SELECTED mainly because web technologies was not my area of interest!!!!!!!!!

I was feeling little bad but i knew the promise God made to me was that he will keep me in a company which is known for its production...

And i dont know which one but im sure he has best of things planned for me and so i thank God for that!!!!!

And as i was feeling dejected...and i looked to at my Bible which was on my Bed and God showed me this verse which i underlined and put a star mark
that is ...from psalm 34:18..the beauty

"""The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."""

Praise the Lord...
Isnt it beautiful how the Lord talks...I asked God this the moment i heard the result tht i was not selected that
"Dear God..Dont let my stupid foolish mind take me away bcoz of this ...Pls let me know ur there with me...
I asked him to talk to me and make me feel that he is there for me...and he did and He told me he is with me...
tht he saves me...and im not only sure but i thank him for the wonderful and exciting things God has planned for me..

And i pray that ""May the Lord save his anointed""... and see the word HIS ANOINTED....so we are nothing by ourselves...
We are his...HIS ANOINTED...Help me to always be tht way...

praise the Lord

No comments: