Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Before the World began

John 17:3-5

"Now this is eternal life:
that they may know you, the only true God, and
Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me me to do.

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence
with the glory I had with you before the world began."

Questions answered in this scripture

1)What is eternal life?
John 17:3

2)what is meant by saying Glorifying God by us?
John 17:4
That is completing the work which God has given us to DO!!!
So.....It implies
i)We should know what work God gave us to do.
ii)When God gives us the work he DOESNT DO it just for NEED TO KNOW!!...he does it on a
NEED TO DO basis.
iii) We have to COMPLETE the work given....that means we need to be alive and alert all through to
get the work done.

3)Verse about Jesus being with God before THE BEGINNING?
Bible starts with the verse....In the beginning...God Created the heavens and the earth.
And here in the verse John 17:5 Jesus talks about being with God before this beginning mentioned in Gen 1:1

4)Muslims view of Christ contradicted many times in John 17th chapter where Jesus talks to God!!
John 17:10
All i have is yours and all you have is mine.
verse 11b
Holy Father,protect them by the power of your name- the name you gave me -
so that they may be one as we are one.

verse 21b
May they also be in US(this is the important part here) so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

John 17:24b The glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

No comments: